Wednesday, December 19, 2012

RGIII - WOW

"I'm thankful for a lot of things in life, and one of those things is your support. Thank You."
http://www.nationalreview.com/blogs/print/335872

Read the article if, like me, you totally missed this series of events.


I feel lucky. I loved Hank Aaron, and Wilbur Jackson, and Sylvester Croom, and pretended to be Paul Warfield. I never had a thought about that one way or the other - I could identify in that child like way with great athletes regardless of their skin color. I was gifted to be in a household where that was not an issue in any way. I know others have paid a different price for either their color or their education about
what color means, and I know there's more healing to come. I hope it comes quickly.

To my idealistic parents, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment