Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Political Darwinism

"Now, he has not left this to states' rights," Jillette posited. "As you know, medical marijuana... you can get in California, and the feds are coming in to try to stop this. States' rights don't mean jack sh*t to the Obama administration on anything except gay marriage."

JILLETTE: "What troubles me about this... I think it's beyond hypocrisy. I think it's something to do with class. A lot of people have accused Obama of class warfare, but in the wrong direction. I believe this is Obama chortling with Jimmy Fallon about lower class people. Do we believe, even for a second, that if Obama had been busted for marijuana -- under the laws that he condones -- would his life have been better?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/05/21/penn_jillette_on_drug_war_states_rights_doesnt_mean_jack_sht_to_obama.html

"What does it take for me to get elected?  That's what I'm saying."  How would I know, but that is my best aproximation of what a politician has to think if they wish to survive in "the game."

No comments:

Post a Comment