Monday, July 13, 2020

So Called Wxxxe Privilege

It's a strong intro to a strong presentation of data and patterns of success that makes a strong case for the flaccid argument that pits blacks against whites.

"Growing up as a Sikh, turbaned boy in the majority-white environment of British Columbia, Canada, I was a constant target of bullying throughout my elementary school years. On bus rides home, I remember having to sit in the back where the older, “cool” kids hung out, and they used to jump up and slap the top part of my turban. I was consistently harassed with comments like “Go back to where you came from” and “You don’t belong here.”

"Upon immigrating from India when I was 4, my family suffered tremendous economic hardships and cultural challenges. My father drove a taxi at night and my mom worked many menial jobs as a cook, housecleaner, barista and motel cleaner. It’s fair to say my family never had success handed to them on a silver platter. But more than a decade post-immigration, we have found our footing in Western society, with my dad making nearly six figures operating his own software company."


https://nypost.com/2020/07/11/the-fallacy-of-white-privilege-and-how-its-corroding-society/?fbclid=IwAR0ScfcX6OnJJxYikPOT2YCVlUGQuhCzlbu_EOcJtFtbhKVDWJkEVpOj5t8

No comments:

Post a Comment