Wednesday, April 16, 2014

They Must Feel So Proud

“My name is Julie Boonstra and five years ago I was diagnosed with leukemia. I found out that I only have a 20 percent chance of surviving. I found this wonderful doctor and a great health-care plan. I was doing fairly well fighting the cancer, fighting the leukemia, and then I received the letter. My insurance was canceled because of Obamacare.”
Another ad features a woman who believes Obamacare is waging a war on her: “We have five kids. . . . Our health insurance plan was canceled because of Obamacare. . . .This new plan is not affordable at all. My husband is working a lot more hours just to pay for these new increases. I’m frustrated that government has caused this huge problem for our family.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/george-f-will-michigan-may-offer-the-gops-best-answer-to-the-so-called-war-on-women/2014/04/11/59817de0-c0d0-11e3-bcec-b71ee10e9bc3_story.html
On the one hand, I hate the idea of using personal tragedy to stoke a battle over use of power (really abuse of power).  On the other hand, how do all those Obamacare makers and supporters feel about this nonsense they've done to people?  
There were other ways to get the job done without using so much force, without creating so many negative, unintended consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment