Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ryan's Roadmap - Possible?

The Death Spiral seems a certainty without entitlement reform - but can anyone turn back the spigot once the State has 'promised' one group of people (the old) the fruits of the labors of another group of people (the young), and live to tell the tale? 

"Should Republicans win the House, Ryan would likely ascend to the chairmanship of the Budget Committee, a powerful post. “We obviously are going to have to take on entitlement reform,” he says. “I don’t know what the budget will look like, but its form will be determined by the consensus I can get from at least 218 people. What I would hope to do is get this budget needle moving in the right direction.” Still, as he looks toward a possible scenario of divided government, Ryan is quick to say that he does not wish to “overpromise.”"
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/248607/ryan-looks-down-road-robert-costa
“Scaring seniors is apparently the past, present, and future of the Democratic party,” Ryan continues. “But they have created political paralysis. I’m fed up with it, and I’m not going to let it intimidate me. I’m going to go forward, put ideas out there, and get this debate moving one way or the other.” It’s a fight, he says, that he does “not intend to lose.”

No comments:

Post a Comment