Thursday, April 28, 2011

Reversoswabbie Weighs in on "The Fight of the Century"

One of the YouTube commenters posted the following about the "Fight of the Century" rap video:
"I feel like this piece was pretty free-market biased."  I have to support that assertion.

@dwils27 I agree, you can't trust those goons at Cafe Hayek to produce a video that doesn't advocate their belief in human freedom, and their conviction that the government's role is to protect individual liberty.  That's why we cannot allow them to not force us to do anything - we have to keep electing leaders who will use the coercive power of government to enrich their cronies while pretending to give us entitlements (that clown de Tocqueville pejoratively termed this as "bribed by our own money", but what do French economists know?  I wish I knew the French word for moron).  Freedom after all isn't free, it requires shared sacrifice, and I'm more than happy to elect people to decide what the meaning of the word "shared" is.  And no more quibbling that freedom is violated by legislative fiat, we know that markets are not perfect - it takes powerful elected officials to get perfection and root out all that nasty influence from special interests.  All that Constitutional blather about limited government - that's for utopian dreamers!!  If I and my team can just get control, we'll solve everything and best of all, we'll use other people's money (the bad people whom I'm sure we all can agree are not paying their share) to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment